Are you tired of companies that are focused more on their next round of funding than solving important problems? Are you looking to use your development skills to make a social impact? As a full stack developer at Critical Juncture, you will be an integral part of a small and dynamic team that works on important problems every day. You’ll deepen your knowledge, grow your skills, and see the immediate impact of your work on our education, government and healthcare partners.
- Design, implement, test and support new and existing applications in collaboration with your Critical Juncture colleagues
- Communicate directly with our clients to help collect requirements, gather feedback and provide support
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to meet in SF/Marin at least two days a week
- Experience with test-driven development using RSpec
- Familiarity with technologies such as Redis, Sphinx, background jobs, REST APIs
- Comfort with math/statistics (specifically probabilistic linkage, risk adjustment)
- Experience designing intuitive, data-rich tools and visualizations
- Solid grasp of underlying web standards (REST, AJAX, etc.)
About Critical Juncture
Critical Juncture is a small technology company focused on creating real change through software. We enable our clients in government, healthcare and education to distill massive datasets into understandable and actionable information through thoughtful partnership, modern web development and system architecture, and intuitive user interfaces. Our applications are used to improve maternal health outcomes at more than three quarters of hospitals in California, Oregon and Washington, address educational equity at the Oakland Unified School District, and facilitate participation in the Federal regulatory process. Take a look at our work at www.criticaljuncture.org.
- Flexible work schedule
- Competitive pay based on experience
- Competitive retirement, healthcare, etc
Job Type: Full-time
Job Location: SF Bay Area only
To apply, please send the following to jobs[at]criticaljuncture.org:
* Your resume
* A cover letter
* At least one link to code you’ve written
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.